Permanent Role – 20 Hours per week taken over 5 days
Metcalfe Plant Hire Limited was established in 1971 in Cumbria and has grown to become one of the North of England’s largest construction plant hire businesses. Based in Penrith Cumbria, the company offers all construction industry plant, equipment and machinery hire, and compliments this with a construction & civil engineering business in its main-stream business operations.
As a part of our progression, we now have the opportunity for a motivated Accounts Assistant to join our team based in Penrith, Cumbria.
This 20 hours per week role is working closely with the Financial Controller in supporting the production of Management information and assisting in the daily running of the Accountancy function within MPH
We are keen to speak to candidates who have experience gained in a similar role ideally in the Construction sector or maybe have worked in a more senior role and are looking to work more flexibly within a motivated team
The role will involve assistance with:
- Delivering high level of service to both internal and external customers
- Daily cashflow forecasts and ensuring sufficient funds are available to meet the requirements of the business.
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Administration of sales and purchases ledgers
- Debtor control
- Correct recording of all sales
- Timely production of Monthly management accounts
- Monthly and weekly payroll processes
- Timely production of annual audit data
- Liaison and supply of information with appointed financial funders
- Ad-hoc duties to support the finance team
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of working within a finance function
- Previous employment in the plant hire/ construction industry would be desirable.
- Excellent time management skills
- Organisational skills including the ability to assist the management of a diverse and busy workload, to plan effectively and work consistently to deadlines.
- Effective communicator and be capable of conveying information accurately, verbally or in written format.
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to work alone and use own initiative, but also enjoy working as part of a team.
- Computer literate, with a working knowledge of MS Office & Sage 200 and ideally experience of Construct & InspHire.
- A full driving licence.
Location: CA11 Penrith, Cumbria
If this opportunity is of interest, please email Helen Taylor – Financial Controller email@example.com enclosing an up-to-date CV and stating your current remuneration, or call 01768 868686 for an initial, informal chat.
Metcalfe Plant Hire is an Equal Opportunity employer